Wednesday, March 21, 2012

15
Pinspired Rewired Wreath Challenge

I recently joined the new Blog Series;  Pinspired Rewired Pinterest Challenge.




The Hosts of this awesome challenge are:

Southern Lovely, Family Ever After Ginger Snap Crafts The Gunny Sack

This month's Theme is Wreaths. My inspiration came from a Wreath I Pinned from the wonderful Tutorial of Debbie Does Creations and modified it by adding more Tulle Colors and Wrapping the Wreath Form. For the embellishments, I Decoupage Polyfoam Eggs with Mod Podge, Tissue Paper and Glitter, along with a Glittered Butterfly Wood Shape.

Supplies:
  • 12" Wreath Form
  • Tulle - 4 or 5 colors
  • Decorative Scarfing Ribbon, I used 4.5" - to wrapp Wreath Form
  • Polyfoam Eggs
  • Wood Shapes
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam Brush
  • Small Headpins
  • Wooden Skewers
  • Tissue Paper in solid and print colors of your choice
  • Fine Glitter
  • Hot Glue Gun

Instructions:
Wreath:
  1. Cut Tulle into 12" strips. I choose six Tulle colors and cut 11 strips of each.
  2. Wrap Wreath form with Decorative Scarfing Ribbon, secure with small headpins.

  3. Tie Tulle strips around Wreath form.
  4. Decoupage Eggs:
  5. Cut or tear small pieces of Tissue Paper. I made my Decoupage eggs using solid colors and cutting motifs from the print tissue paper. I found the Easter print paper at Walmart.
  6. Insert a Skewer inside the egg. The Skewer will form a handle to hold the egg while you add the Mod Podge and Tissue Paper.
  7. Using the Foam Brush, apply Mod Podge around the egg. Add pieces of Tissue Paper overlapping each piece. Add more Mod Podge and smooth wrinkles. Keep adding tissue pieces to get the color intensity you desire.
  8. Give the entire egg another coat of Mod Podge.
  9. Sprinkle Glitter all over the eggs and place inside a jar to dry overnight.
  10. If using Wood Shapes; apply Mod Podge and Sprinkle Glitter; let dry.
  11. Finishing:
  12. Add Decoupage Eggs and any other Embellishments to Wreath using Hot Glue.
Your Wreath is Finished and ready to enjoy.

Happy Easter!!!


Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com


15 comments:

  1. What a cute wreath! I just used some of the same supplies today too. :) Just wanted to let you know that you linked this post up to The Pinterest Exchange which is a party to link up Pinterest Boards, not projects. If you want to remove it and then add it to the Just Something I Whipped Up party (also at my blog), that would be great!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the wreath!! It is adorable!!! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now at Jillify It!

    I'm a new follower!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I grabbed your linky button and posted my project. Happy Crafting!

      Delete
  3. This is an adorable wreath! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial. Visiting from Jillify It Link Party. Have a happy Easter!
    -Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Iris. I had so much fun making this wreath. I felt like a kid back in school, gluing, glittering, etc. Happy Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so honored that I was your inspiration!!! Your wreath is adorable. Seeing this made my day today! Thanks for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday. I need to make my wreath ASAP for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved making this wreath. I am glad I found your project, thanks for sharing. Your wreath has also inspired other people in my workplace. My boss is making her very own this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet wreath! Lovely! Stopping by from the live laugh rowe blog hop. Nice blog and love this post! Following via GFC- hope to see you around www.bearrabbitbear.com soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Melanie. I had so much fun decorating the Eggs. I will make sure to stop by. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the wreath :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Tuesday party at Jillify It! Hope to see you again on Tuesday!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. its so cute it looks like a tutu, I love that you even made your own eggs! Stopping by from the wreath blog hop at Ginger Snap Crafts. http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2012/03/finally-something-craftyakaspring.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tania,
    Thanks...I really enjoyed making this wreath.The Decoupage eggs were so much fun to make... This was myn first try using Mod Podge andn Tissue Paper. Happy Crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out great! Thanks so much for entering this as well into the Project Pinterest Challenge. Good Luck!
    Jill
    twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday! I just wanted to let you know that I featured this gorgeous Easter wreath at this week's party! Stop by and grab a featured button and please link up again soon!!!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-13.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover